Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Week 13: Audit your Online Presence





My Online Presence

I would say I have a decent online foot print. I do have a website that I created to use as a portfolio when I was applying to internships last summer. I also have an Instagram page, Facebook page, LinkedIn page, TikTok page, Sound Cloud, Spotify and Vsco account that I am very active on. I still have some sites out there that exist that I am not active on like Twitter and Pinterest. I have found that even just by typing in my name in Google all these different accounts/pages that I have made pop up. This is pretty cool for the pages I forgot about but also kind of weird at the same time. The sites I am most active on would be Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn. On Instagram I usually just post pics when I am on a vacation or doing something fun. On Facebook I often find myself just re-posting funny videos, uploading some pictures to my albums or I am usually being tagged in lots of family photos. On LinkedIn a lot of the stuff is just me re-posting interesting articles that I found or liking different businesses. I do not use the personal website that I made as much but when I do use it I’m either uploading new content that I have made and putting it on there or uploading a revised resume. If someone was to visit one of these pages they could indirectly learn that I am most likely a student, attend college, like to travel and that I have a lot of family members. Most of the private information that I have given out would be found on my personal website and my LinkedIn page. On my LinkedIn page I have included my email, previous jobs, my phone number and the university I attend. I have done this so that when I apply to jobs they can easily get in touch with me or if someone scrolls across my page they can also easily get in touch with me. On my personal website I have posted my phone number, email and LinkedIn link. This is my professional portfolio so it is important to have this information on there so future employers can get in touch with me. If I didn’t have any of this information on there I could miss a job opportunity and not look like I’m as serious about wanting a job as I want to be.

I think social media can make people less lonely, lonely and depressed. I think this all depends on how you use social media and how much you use it. People can become depressed from social media if they are constantly comparing their lives to others just by looking at what others post. They can also become depressed by comments left on certain things they post. It is important to stay away from this stuff to maintain a healthy social media lifestyle. I also think social media can make you feel less lonely because it can give you so many opportunities to connect with other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post

Our Relationship with Technology - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly I do believe that everyone today has a relationship with techno...